- Our natural state is not to be distressed
- Deviation from the natural state is a disease (pathology)
- Disease is predominantly caused by internal factors (genes, predisposition, biochemical disturbance)
- Although depression can be precipitated, the development of the disease reflects some internal deficiency or lack of coping skills.
- The deficiency can, to some extent, be treated with medication' and the coping skills can, to some extent be leamt
- The best way of learning coping skills is through intellectual processes (cognitive behavioural therapy)
On a personal note, I had this really negative reaction to finding someone else had publicised "doppression" as it was "my word". How crazy is that?. but it made me think about how effective is the conditioning that our self worth depends on our ownership, authorship, and entitlement to use, dispense or permit usage of memes. I'll get over it... like I did with "Obecalp"... more about that another time too. Thanks Drew for bringing it to the www.